From a report to a Barnet Council committee:
Compulsory Purchase Orders
- CPO1 & CPO2 (including the shopping centre and the area south of the North Circular): the Secretary of State’s expected to rule on these in Autumn 2017 (the inquiry closed in July 2016).
- CPO3 (new Thameslink station and Edgware Road): Inquiry begins 5 September 2017.
Edgware Road road/rail aggregates yard by June 2018 – or sooner
- The council has agreed delivery of DB Cargo’s new rail freight facility for aggregates (sand, gravel, crushed stone, recycled rubble etc) by 30 June 2018.
- Planning applications for that facility and the waste facility to be submitted by end August 2017.
- The report doesn’t mention DB Cargo’s application (ref 17/1254/FUL) to use that site “for a temporary period of 18 months” as a rail freight facility for aggregates. Barnet’s website isn’t showing a hearing date for that application.
Whitefield Estate – meeting in September, council still negotiating over relocation
- A Resident Guide will be distributed to residents by the end of August 2017 and there will be an open public meeting for residents on 7 September 2017
- Negotiations between the council and their chosen provider for relocating Whitefield Estate residents are dragging on but may be finished in September 2017.
Brent Cross North (the shopping centre and roads)
- The detailed planning application (ref 17/2963/RMA) may be considered at the Planning Committee meeting on 28 September 2017.
- Some construction work may start in autumn 2017 and main work in mid-2017 with completion September 2022.
- No dates or details on the changes to Staples Corner, the North Circular and other roads.